Founder and Company Director
Cert Media Communications (2008), Cert III Children’s Services (2014), Cert IV Professional Life Coaching (2016), Conflict Management, Assault Avoidance and Disengagement for Care Settings (2017)
My-Time Facilitator- Supporting parents and Caregivers.
Rebecca has worked in the Tertiary Studies industry since 2002 at Griffith University in a range of positions. Prior to this Rebecca took on the challenge to coordinate and provide the Administration Management of the holistic publication NOVA Magazine and established the Sydney branch in 2001.
Since leaving Griffith University, and due to her own family circumstances whereby she was supporting her two daughters, one with a complex disability, Rebecca saw the need to create a place for children and families to go who have additional needs, whether mild or complex and commenced the journey to establish a childcare service for children aged zero to five with a disability or challenging need.
Rebecca’s passion for this stems from her own personal story and journey as a carer for her youngest daughter and advocate for children with additional needs and their families.
Rebecca has built strong and continuing relationships with various service providers such as Mamre Association, Infocus Disability Support, Xavier Children’s Support Network, Uniting Care, Suncare, Movement Solutions Paediatric Physiotherapy, Carers Queensland, Guide Dogs Queensland, Connected Care, Hummingbird House, Queensland Kids, Pain and Palliative Care Services, Queensland Children’s Hospital, My Horizons and Endeavour Foundation.
In addition to this Rebecca is a Professional Life Coach, has published articles, a blog and is working toward her first book, all of which relate to the world of caring for a child with ‘complex needs’ and the turbulent times which have been. Rebecca focuses on parents and caregivers having a voice for choice and to see their vision come to fruition, whatever this may be. Rebecca’s work has also been published in a book ‘The Voice of Women in the Redlands, Strength and Inspiration’ by Louise Gibbon.
Awards and Nominations:
- Redland City Council Organisation Support Award (May 2013)
- Redland City Council Project Support Grant (May 2013)
- Redland City Australia Day Awards, Community Organisation Award ( January 2014)
- Lions Club Redland Bay Victoria Point, Guest Speaker Appreciation ( March 2014)
- Redlands Women’s Information Network, Women Making a Difference Award, (August 2014).
- Successful recipient on Channel Ten’s Shark Tank, Season 1 (2014)
- Qld Finalist, Telstra Business Women’s Awards (2015)
- TEDx QUT Speaker (Sept 2015)
- Family Day Care Australia Triennial Pannelist (Oct 2015)
- International Women’s Day Guest Speaker (March 2016)
- Clipsal for Variety Club guest speaker (May 2016)
- Probus Club of Shoreline Inc, Guest Speaker (January 2017)
- The Early Education and Care Business Growth Forum, Guest Speaker (2017)
Administration and Enrolment Coordinator
Educational Leader and School Readiness Extraordinaire!
Chris, (AKA short and adorable!), comes with a wealth of knowledge, experience, dedication and energy to support young people. With a background from Lead Educator to Group Leader and Assistant Director, Chris has experienced many years of shenangigans within the childcare industry! Now here she is, taking on this incredible role as Educational Leader and all round bundle of joy and enthusiasm with our unique service. We are truly blessed to have Chris as part of the Ruby & Ollie’s vision.
“Family is very important and l love spending time with my 4 children and 6 grandchildren.
Love to travel with a touch of adventure. I have stayed in a Ger in Mongolia, travelled on the Tran Siberian Railway from St Petersburg to Beijing and gone hot air ballooning in Cappadocia. I am also very privileged to go on mission and help set up library’s in remote schools in Vanuatu . Hey life is meant to be lived.”
Outside School Hours Care Coordinator